10 Ways to Pack Your Day with Positivity
Positivity is a powerful tool. At Aubrey, we believe the energy you put into the world is the energy you receive. Harnessing the power of positive thinking can help with everything from managing stress to feeling more energetic throughout the day. Positive thinking has even been correlated with a number of health benefits. Here are 10 ways to pack your day with positive energy.
- Text a friend. Not the friend you always text. Not that group chat that cycles through the whole day. Text that friend deep in your contact list to see how they’re doing. Connecting will spark some much-needed catching up, storytelling and laughs. It could also make someone’s day to know that you’re thinking about them.
- Take a walk outside. Being in nature can help you stay grounded and boost your mood. Breathe in the fresh air and take note of the sights around you. It’s especially fun when you walk a well-known path and find something entirely new.
- Let the authentic, beautiful you shine. Start your day with products inspired by nature, like Aubrey shampoos, conditioners and other hair care products. They’re free of phthalates, sulfates and other harsh additives, to help bring out your naturally beautiful self.
- Make a smoothie: Delight in a fun and vibrant blend of sweet fruits, yogurt and more.
- Send a letter: Remember snail mail? When is the last time you hand-wrote a notecard and made someone’s day when they went to their mailbox?
- Pay for someone’s coffee: It’s amazing how spreading kindness can have a ripple effect of positivity. You feel good for your kind gesture, the recipient benefits from your thoughtfulness, and they’re likely to pay it forward.
- Listen to the sounds of nature: Don’t just stop and smell the roses, but also listen. Notice the sounds of your feet as they gently cross pavement or grass, the sound of jumping into a puddle, a breeze blowing wildflowers to make them gently sway in the wind – all part of finding the goodness in our surroundings.
- Try a new recipe: Whether it’s a salad with fresh-picked vegetables or fruit, or a milkshake with ice cream from your favorite local shop, spark your curiosity, delight your taste buds, and enjoy the process of trying something new.
- Scroll through your camera roll: How many pictures do you have saved on your phone? It can be such a positive experience taking a “scroll” down memory lane, quickly revisiting those times with close friends, those landscapes, those family events.
- Turn up the volume: Play your favorite playlist while getting ready in the morning. It gets you singing and moving and sets the tone for your day.
How else do you pack positivity into your day?